StackSocial, Inc. works on behalf of different charities to use its fundraising platform to leverage the power of storytelling and technology to radically change charitable giving. Influencers and brands donate incredible once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to worthy causes, and StackSocial, Inc. allows anybody to enter a sweepstakes and have an equal chance of winning. Pretty cool, right? And it’s legit, too. There are lots of laws in place to protect our donors and ensure everything’s fair. So please enjoy these detailed, official rules so that you have all the information you need before entering any of the sweepstakes or campaigns advertised on our website.
- A few things to note:You can always enter any campaign for free (although we hope you’ll consider showing some love to the charity offering the Prize—it is, after all, a great cause).
- Certain parts of these rules are required by different laws. To make sure you notice them, we use BIG, BOLD LETTERS for those sections.
- These official rules apply to every campaign we run—but sometimes we also have extra information or requirements. In those cases, we publish extra rules on the campaign page. Usually those rules work with these, but occasionally, we may need to adjust some of these rules for that campaign. We’ll tell you about those changes on the campaign page.
HERE ARE THE BIG, BOLD LETTERS:
WHEN YOU MAKE A DONATION, WE GIVE YOU ENTRIES INTO THE DRAWING. IT’S OUR WAY OF SAYING THANKS. CAMPAIGNS MAY ALSO INCLUDE CAMPAIGN PERKS THAT ARE GUARANTEED, IN ADDITION TO PRIZES THAT ARE REWARDED BY A RANDOM DRAWING. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER ANY SWEEPSTAKES.
ALL CHARITIES AND CAUSES ARE 26 U.S.C.§ 501(C)(3) NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS RECOGNIZED BY THE I.R.S.
VOID WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
HOW IT WORKS.
Each campaign is a great big team effort. We (StackSocial, Inc., or just “Stacksocial” to our friends) bring together worthy causes (the “Charity”) and well-known companies, brands, talent and celebrities (“Prize Providers”).
We use Stacksocial’s online platform (our “Platform”) to put together fundraising campaigns where the Prize Provider offers unique experiences (“Prizes”) that anybody can enter to win.
We may also offer certain guaranteed perks and incentives (“Perks”). Perks are not part of the sweepstakes—they’re based on donations. You don’t have to make a donation to a charity to enter a sweepstakes, but if you do, we give you entries as a thank you.
HOW TO ENTER A SWEEPSTAKES.
Stacksocial offers several different ways to enter a sweepstakes, and it’s really easy to do any of the two methods of entry.
To make a donation.
Visit stacksocial.com, choose the fundraising campaign that speaks to you and feed your karma by completing the registration form. As a thank you, you get sweepstakes entries for every $10 you donate to the Charity. We calculate entries in $10 increments, so if you donate more than that, we round your donation up to the next ten bucks.
- To enter for free.
Go to the campaign page on stacksocial.com and scroll down to the bottom. See the “Alternative Method of Entry” link? Click it and fill out the form before the deadline.
Equality matters to us at Stacksocial: we use a system so that entries are treated equally. For campaigns launched on or after August 1, 2018, free entries are automatically assigned 200 entries (equivalent to the donation entries you get when you donate $20). Regardless of how you enter, including by Donation, the maximum number of entries for any one person is restricted to 1,000,000 per person per campaign.
WHO CAN ENTER A CAMPAIGN?
We love everybody, however some countries don’t love sweepstakes. So, we have to restrict entries from those countries. This means that our campaigns are open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia,
Also, to keep things fair, employees of Stacksocial, Charity, or Prize Provider for the applicable campaign, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to enter.
Finally, sometimes your country may allow you to enter a sweepstakes but not allow you to receive a certain Prize. It’s your responsibility to review any specific restrictions before claiming that Prize or making a donation.
In all cases, campaigns are void where prohibited by law.
WHEN CAN I ENTER A CAMPAIGN?
The start and end date for each campaign is listed on the campaign page. Unless otherwise specified, we usually start campaigns at 12:00:01 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”) and end at 11:59:59 P.M. PT on the days specified. We call this time period the “Campaign Window”.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I WON?
About 5 days after the Campaign Window ends, we’ll use an automated random drawing process to select a number of potential winners listed for that campaign. We call or email the first person on the list to let them know. They need to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability and where legal, a publicity release and send it back to us within seven days of notification, as well as any other documents necessary, such as a background check. Once this is done we confirm them as the winner. If they don’t get back to us, don’t sign one of the required forms, are unable to claim a Prize, or pose a threat to the Prize Provider, we disqualify that person and proceed with the next randomly selected person on list.
Travel companions are also required to sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of tickets.
WHAT ARE THE RESTRICTIONS OR CONDITIONS ON A PRIZE?
We describe each Prize at the campaign page and in any special campaign rules, including the approximate retail value for that Prize. Look at the section called “Stuff Our Lawyers Want You to Read” for lots of details.
Some Prizes have extra restrictions or conditions. We post these in the specific rules for that campaign, too. For all travel Prizes, you have to travel on the dates specified by Stacksocial and all airfare is coach class and hotel accommodations are standard class, unless otherwise specified. Any meetings with celebrities are subject to security and background checks. For international travel, you are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel authorizations, visas, or other documentation. All other expenses are your responsibility. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The Prize value may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. And because stuff happens, we can’t be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission of any third person with respect to the trip. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in your possession, will not be replaced. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. If you or your guest are, in our opinion, obnoxious, threatening, abusive, or harassing we can terminate the trip or Prize, in whole or in part, and send you both home with no further compensation.
Your guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, or your child or legal ward (unless otherwise approved by us).
If you live within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the site where the Prize is to be performed, we may provide ground transportation instead.
We spend a lot of time thinking up the most amazing Prizes possible, so Prizes can’t be transferred or substituted, except that we can substitute a Prize of equal or greater value.
And you might not love taxes, but they’re your responsibility and you have to pay them. We’ll give you a W9 form so you can tell Uncle Sam what you owe.
By accepting the Prize, you agree that we can use your name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Prize information to tell everyone how awesome the Prize was. This means we can include you in advertising and trade and promotional materials for Stacksocial, in any form of media (including media that’s not yet known), and that we can do so without any additional compensation. This only applies unless otherwise prohibited by law.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
SHOULDN'T THERE BE MORE LEGAL STUFF?
We’re glad you asked! In order to keep our lawyer’s blood pressure within a reasonable range, we have to tell you the following:
- Sponsor, Prize Providers, and Charities (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable email; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/internet/website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information.
- By entering sweepstakes, you agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with that sweepstakes; and (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with your participation in a sweepstakes (including any Prize).
- In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses.
HOW DO I KNOW THIS IS FOR REAL?
Just send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Stacksocial, Inc., c/o Winner List, 21 Market Street, Venice, CA 90291 no later than 30 days after the end date of a Campaign Window, and we’ll send you a list of the winners.
WHAT IF WE DON'T GET ALONG?
We love you. And we hope you always love us too. But if you don’t, you agree that any and all disputes and disagreements between us will be governed by laws of the State of California and you will bring any claims only in the Federal and State courts located in Los Angeles, California. You also agree that unless you are prohibited from law in doing so, you promise you will bring any and all disputes, claims and causes of action against Stacksocial individually, without resort to any form of class action. Finally, unless the law prohibits you from doing so, you agree to waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
© 2018 Stacksocial, Inc. All Rights Reserved. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Stacksocial.